Safety Tips for Buyers
* Always research about the product, equipment or service.
* Ask questions about the product, equipment or service and ensure you are given clarified answers.
* Except service, if it is a local classifieds make sure you inspect the product or equipment on your own before buying. However, if it is an international b2b offer (export and import), avail yourself to follow standard international trade proceedures.
* If it is a local offer meet the seller at a public place before buying but if it is an international offer avail yourself to follow international trade proceedures.
* Cash is the best form of payment in a transaction through local classifieds. Follow international trade proceedures if it is an international offer.
* In your initial conversation do not disclose personal information that you consider too sensitive to the seller.
* Cancel the deal at once should your instinct tell you the deal is fraudulent.
* For local deals do not pay money without seeing the product or equipment physically. Follow international trade procedures for international offers.
* Do not share your credit card or bank account details.
* Only meet the seller in a public place but never in a secluded area for security and safety reasons.
Safety Tips for Sellers
* Provide detailed and accurate information about the product, equipment or service.
* Ensure you provide reliable answers to the buyer’s questions to build up his/her interest in your offer.
* Know the buyer’s identity and authenticity of the buyer’s offer before closing a deal.
* If it is a local classifieds meet the buyer in person in a public place before closing the deal. Follow acceptable international trade proceedures if it is an international offer (Export or import).
* Be exact and detailed in your description of the product, equipment or service. Do not misinform the buyer with inadequate and inaccurate information about the product, equipment or service
* Do not disclose too sensitive and personal information unless you are sure about the buyer’s intention
* Ask the buyer about his/her purpose of buying the product, equipment or service.
* Do not meet the buyer in a secluded area.
NOTE: Presently, we do not handle transactions and so we recommend following the above safety tips. Deals or offers that are international in nature are highly recommended to follow current standard and acceptable international trade proceedures or use of escrow.